REPOST VIA DAVE KASHEN, Co-FOUNDER AND CEO OF WorkLife
- Share your notes with clients. Check in with them during the meeting to make sure what you’ve written accurately reflects what they meant.
- Listen to what the client is saying, but also to understand why they’re saying it. Resist your temptation to begrudgingly do what they say, or to show them all the reasons they’re wrong. Instead, get curious and start digging deeper.
- Assign next steps, if an action item comes up in the meeting, make sure to write it down separately from the notes.
- Agree on which changes you’ll try and take 5 minutes at the end of the meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Immediately after the meeting, send out a recap of the decisions that were made and next steps people committed to.
Continue reading post here: http://blog.invisionapp.com/5-simple-steps-to-more-effective-meetings